Since last time:
– I had Vacation Bible School at church. A very crazy, and good week.
– Elliot started walking along furniture.
– We traveled to Wisconsin & Iowa. We attended both State Fairs… and Iowa wins. They mostly have the same stuff, but ISF is just roomier and nicer. I feel like a traitor, but nothing will ever replace the nostalgia of the WSF for me.
– My sister, Kali, moved back to the US. We got to visit with her in WI. Good to have her stateside.
– Elliot started (finally) crawling on all fours (instead of the army crawl).
– Andy and I got to go to a Packer’s pre-season game at Lambeau with Kali and Dad. It was pretty awesome. I’ve never been to a game there. Even if it was pre-season, it was exciting.
– Elliot got to visit with all of his aunts and uncles. He’s got a lot of people who love him.
– We celebrated Elliot’s first birthday. He had his first piece of cake. It was from Hyvee. I am a little sad that it wasn’t a homemade cupcake… but it was vacation. He just about swallowed the piece whole. It was very entertaining.
– Elliot went on his first “big boy” swing.
– The school year started– which means I have been VERY busy at work getting Sunday school, youth groups, bible studies, etc. all up and running. I am serving with WONDERFUL people this year and am excited about what the year will bring.
– I went on a Confirmation class retreat. It was, once again, a good time. Great kids this year. We’ll see what God’s gonna do.
– Elliot finally started getting his front two teeth so he doesn’t have fangs anymore:
– Our friends Heather & Cody had their twins! Cynara and Dalton… and they are perfect. Their baptism was last Sunday and I got to make the cake (white cake with raspberry filling & vanilla buttercream)!
– Andy and I went on a real date last night! We got tickets to see Natasha Leggero at the Blue Loon. Should was good. Funny and so not a Fairbanks girl, but she pulled it all together. Dinner and a little comedy. I like it.
Now that life is getting back into a more normal routine, I hope things slow down a bit. The past couple of months have been a blur. I think the pace of life will become more regular now that we’re moving into fall… and then… gasp!… winter.