Christmas is almost here!
I am a big geek about Christmas. I love everything about Christmas. I know that Christmas is about Jesus. But I have to confess… I also really love the other side of Christmas; the things that have nothing to do with Jesus. The lights. Wrapped gifts. Over-the-top decorations. The hustle and bustle at EVERY store. Christmas music- all the time. Parties. Excessive baking. Christmas movies.
I love it.
The unfortunate side of Christmas is that I married a man who is not the biggest fan of all of the Christmas hoopla. Too bad for him. Inevitably he will spend a lot of time in the next week rolling his eyes at me.
So… in honor of my favorite time of year… A series of Christmas favorites.
Top 5 Christmas Movies
1. A Christmas Story
2. Charlie Brown Christmas
4. Muppet Christmas Carol
5. Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer & The Island of Misfit Toys
Top 5 Christmas Albums
1. Barenaked for the Holidays (Barenaked Ladies)
2. Elf Soundtrack
3. Do You See What I See? (Todd Agnew)
4. A Charlie Brown Christmas (Vince Guaraldi Trio)
5. A Christmas Together (John Denver & The Muppets)
Top 5 things to Do at Christmas Time
1. Bake (I am a cookie-aholic)
2. Search neighborhoods for great lights
3. Sing “Baby It’s Cold Outside” in the car with Elliot (over and over and over… )
4. Make home-made Christmas gifts (photos coming soon)
5. Get coffee and sit back to watch the crazy folks competitively shopping
This will be a crazy week for me, so I may not be posting until after Christmas.
Christmas Blessings to you!