As I reflect on the things in my life that cause me to give thanks… I thought a Thanksgiving list would be appropriate…
I give thanks for…
- a husband who is nearly the exact opposite of me
- quirky family
- friends near and far
- my courageous, Spirit-led sister
- my bible study group (Jen, Ellen, Russ, Wendi & David, Dave & Marsha…)
- an almost handy-around-the-house husband
- a new home!
- Rupert, the stubbornest puppy
- friends having babies!
- Hot Chocolate Choxie bars
- a country (despite other flaws) where I can worship my God
- a dining room table large enough for everyone to sit and eat
- church family
- eggnog lattes
- second chances, and third, and fourth…
- time with kiddos
- a job where I am always challenged
- high school youth who love Jesus
- The Office
- quiet snow on trees
- dansko shoes
- the excitement of 5am shopping on Friday (don’t judge me)
- Forgiveness. Love. Acceptance. New Life.
I have so much to be thankful for. So many people, so many things, so many experiences. God has been good to me. Even when I thought this was a pretty tough year, when I weigh the good things I cannot respond in any way but with thanks.
May the Peace of Christ be with you this Thanksgiving!